Issuing an Amended T4/T4A
If your forms have been distributed to employees and you are not able to retrieve the affected forms and/or they have been filed with CRA (after the Ceridian deadline of February 18, 2022):
- Manually prepare the form(s) using the corrected information. Ensure they are completed in their entirety. (Forms can be located at https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/forms-publications.html)
- Clearly identify the new form(s) as AMENDED.
- Review the following electronic filing options made available to you by CRA:
- Web Form (1 - 100 original or amended T4 slips)
Internet File Transfer
For a list of available return types, visit CRA’s website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/filing-information-returns-electronically-t4-t5-other-types-returns-overview.html
- Do not submit an amended T4/T4A Summary.
- Distribute the amended forms to the employees.
- Keep the amended employer copies on file for reference.
For further information, see the CRA’s publication, Employers’ Guide - Filing the T4 Slip and Summary (RC4120).
If you would like Ceridian to file your amended forms, call your Service Delivery Team for assistance.
Note: If you are moving all earnings from one province to another or from one business number to another, you will need to cancel the original tax form with CRA. CRA may assess a late filing penalty as the new form is being filed after the